Friday, August 9, 2013

Huntington, West Virginia and a bit of Ohio: A Few Pictures

I took a gazillion pictures of coal while driving from Pikeville, Kentucky to Huntington, West Virginia.  For some reason, they are all destroyed, blacked out, or whatever.  Is it my phone?  Or google?  Whatever...I have none to show you.  But I do have some lovely pictures of Huntington.  

I found a beautiful river walk for my morning stroll at Harris Riverfront Park.






While there, I thought about my friend, Christie, who lived next door while I was growing up.  She moved away to Huntington leaving me without a playmate.  We tried to continue the friendship through letter-writing, but eventually, we fell out of touch and I only have my memories.  Except now, I have been to the place she moved, and I feel a little closer to her.

Things are different now, because I am on my way to visit Georgina, my friend who moved away several months ago.  

Look what showed up on the road in front of me as I traveled north along the Ohio River:


Spying a beautiful bridge to my left, I decided to cross over and drive through Ohio for a little while:


Pomeroy-Mason Bridge
 And so I made it to Ohio...

...where I took another walk along the river:


When I returned to the beginning of my walk, I discovered this barge full of coal:


And  look!  It's still there; it hasn't disappeared, yet.

I arrive at my favorite porch in Parkersburg, West Virginia...



...and will tell you all about it next time...because I'm still tripping...

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment