Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back to the sign for which I was(n't) looking…

After two peaceful nights of quiet meditation near Mt. Katahdin in Maine, I packed up camp and headed back to Portland.  But only a few miles down the road I saw a sign…the one meant for me.  I did not hesitate; I turned my sweet car to the right and arrived at the place I was intended.

I met some lovely people:

An airplane pilot...

A "catcher"

A couple of Australian dudes and another customer

My attachment
Check them out at Jump and Raft.  

You know what happens next…



Upon landing, I was so excited that I quickly recorded a video. 



The first 35 seconds after leaving the plane--falling through the air, laughing and grinning, joy in my heart--it was the best thing ever! I hated it when he pulled the cord; why couldn't he hold out until we were closer to the ground?!

If you are ever driving down a highway and see a sign that says, "Skydiving," you really should accept that it is intended for you.  

I love signs.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment